- Please book online or by phone for an appointment with the doctor of your choice.
- We ask that you make a separate appointment for each member of the family who wishes to be seen.
- Please ask for a longer appointment if you require a Pap smear, Mental Health Plan or Health Care Plan, Insurance Medical, Minor Surgery or a complicated Consultation.
- People with urgent medical problems will be seen on the day they ring. In providing the best possible standard of care, there may be times when we are unable to keep with our appointment schedule. We apologies for any inconvenience this may cause but please be assured that you too will be seen if a medical emergency arises.
- Appointments are given priority.
- Walks in will be accommodated.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please give us at least 2 hours notice, so that we can offer the appointment time to another patient. If you do not inform timely, charges may apply.
PATIENT IDENTIFICATIONIn order to ensure we identify our patients correctly, you will be asked to verify your Name, Address & Date of Birth each time you book an appointment.You may be asked for photo id as well.
HELPING YOUR DOCTOR RUN ON TIMENobody likes to be kept waiting. Our doctors try their best to run on time, but there are a few things that you can do to help…
- Remember that in a standard consultation you have 10-15 minutes to discuss your health concern with your doctor. If you think you will need more time please let our receptionists know so that they can book you a longer appointment time.
- Tell your doctor all the things you want to discuss at the start of your appointment – that way your doctor will be able to address your most important health concerns first and ask you to return for any non-urgent needs that may require more time.
After hours services are available by calling 87246300 after hours. In cases of emergency, please ring 000 for an ambulance or proceed to your nearest hospital – Blacktown Hospital. After hour services should be used for urgent cases only.
Our GP after hour service provider is National Home Doctor Service. If you need a GP home visit during after hour period please call 13 74 25. Visits are generally bulk-billed. Alternatively you can call after hour GP Helpline on 1800 022 222.
or you can attend the emergency departments of the:
Norwest Private Hospital at 11 Norbrik Drive, Bella Vista Tel: 02 8882 8555
Westmead Children's Emergency at Hawkesbury Rd, Westmead Tel: 02 9845 2460
Westmead Adult's Emergency at Hawkesbury Rd, Westmead Tel: 02 9845 6520
Blacktown Emergency at Blacktown Road, Blacktown. Tel: 02 9881 8215
Hawkesbury Emergency at Day St, Windsor. Tel: 02 4560 5512.
To ensure best management, we like to discuss your condition with you before referring you to a specialist. we are not permitted by law to backdate specialist referrals, so ensure you have a current referral before you see the specialist.
You can contact the Doctors at the Centre during surgery open hours. The Receptionist will take a message if the Doctor is in consultations. In an emergency your call will be put through. Please keep your calls brief.
REMINDER AND RECALL SYSTEM
You may enroll in our reminder systems for immunizations, Pap Smears, Diabetic Review, Cholesterol check and annual health assessments.
The Practice is at times involved with Universities and other Institutions in conduct of research. Although clinical information is used, no names or any other means of identification is used.
To maintain and constantly improve the standard of practice regular meetings are held between the Practice Staff and the Doctors to discuss suggestions and complaints made by the patients.
MEDICAL RECORDS AND PRIVACY
All medical records are strictly confidential and the contents cannot be disclosed to anyone without your consent or where justified by law. Our Centre complies with the Privacy Act 1988 including the ways we Collect, Store, use and disclose health information.